Squad: David Warner, Joe Burns, Marnus Labuschagne, Steven Smith, Matthew Wade, Travis Head, Tim Paine(w/c), Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Nathan Lyon, James Pattinson, Michael Neser, Peter Siddle
- They won their last match easily due to outstanding performance form Mitchell Starc.
- One sad news for the Aussie fans is that Josh Hazlewood has been ruled out from the series and will not play Boxing Day Test. Justin Langer has confirmed that James Pattinson will replace him in XI.
- One more news coming from their camp is about Michael Neser, Tim Paine said his playing in XI will depend on according to pitch condition in the morning. If he plays then Travis Head will be the one who will sit-out.
- David Warner will open the innings along with Joe Burns. Both are technically strong and attacking batsman. Warner is in red hot form while Burns is not looking in good touch. Warner recently scored 300 against Pakistan.
- Marnus Labuschagne, the man in golden from of his career will bat at 3. He has made 3 centuries in the last 3 test matches he played. He scored 143 & 50 in the last match.
- Steve Smith will bat at no. 4. He is one of the best batsmen of the format. But His recent innings are not going good.
- Matthew Wade, Travis Head/Michael Neser, Tim Paine will bat in the middle order. All of them are performing average in recent days.
- All other bowlers like Cummins and Starc can also make 20-30 runs easily.
- Pat Cummins and Mitchell Starc will lead the pace attack along with James Pattinson and Michael Neser(if plays). Everyone is capable to take wickets in any conditions and can bowl up to 140+ as well. Starc took 9 and Cummins took 3 wickets in the last match.
- Nathan Lyon will be the lone spinner while Marnus Labuschagne and Matthew Wade can do part-time spin bowling if require. Lyon took 6 wickets in the last match.
Probable XI: David Warner, Joe Burns, Marnus Labuschagne, Steve Smith, Matthew Wade, Travis Head/Michael Neser, Tim Paine (c/wk), James Pattinson, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Nathan Lyon
IMP Players & Their recent performance:
- David Warner( 43, 19, 335*, 154, 48* )
- Marnus Labuschagne( 143, 50, 162, 185, 0, 35 )
- Steve Smith( 43, 16, 36, 4, 103 )
- Pat Cummins( 20, -, 7, -, 52 ) ( 1/46, 2/31, 3/83, 0/45, 3/60 )
- Mitchell Starc( 30, 23, – – – ) ( 5/52, 4/45, 6/66, 1/47, 4/52 )
- Nathan Lyon( 2/48, 4/63, 0/65, 5/69, 1/40 )
Squad: Tom Latham, Tom Blundell, Kane Williamson(c), Ross Taylor, Henry Nicholls, BJ Watling(w), Colin de Grandhomme, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Neil Wagner, Trent Boult, Todd Astle, Jeet Raval, Matt Henry, Kyle Jamieson
- One good news for NZ camp is that Trent Boult is almost confirmed to play but still he will be monitored at training before taking the final decision.
- Tom Blundell will replace Jeet Rawal and confirmed to open the innings along with Tom Latham. Latam is technically a very strong player and has the calibre to score big but his recent form is not so well while T Blundell is an average batsman.
- Kane Williamson and Ross Taylor will take care of their middle order, Both are their best batsman and always performs. However, Williamson failed in the last game but Taylor smashed a 100 in that game.
- Henry Nicholls, BJ Watling, Colin de Grandhomme and Mitchell Santner will bat in lower down the order. Nicholls and Watling are very technically strong while Grandhomme and Santner can make 40-50s by hitting. Watling and Grandhomme were in good form during a recent tour in Sri Lanka.
- Tim Southee, Neil Wagner and Trent Boult will lead the pace attack while Grandhomme. Both Southee and Wagner took 9 and 7 wickets respectively while Boult is one of the best pace bowlers in the world.
- Mitchell Santner will lead the pace attack. He bowls with good line and length.
Probable XI: Tom Latham, Tom Blundell, Kane Williamson (c), Ross Taylor, Henry Nicholls, BJ Watling (wk), Colin de Grandhomme, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Neil Wagner, Trent Boult
IMP Players & Their recent performance:
- Tom Latham ( 0, 18, 105, 18, 8 )
- Kane Williamson ( 34, 14, 4, 104, 51 )
- Ross Taylor ( 80, 22, 53, 105*, 25 )
- BJ Watling ( 8, 40, 55, -, 205 )
- Colin de Grandhomme ( 23, 33, 65, 6, 7 ) ( 1/37, 1/47, 2/41, 1/15 )
- Tim Southee ( 4/93, 5/69, 2/90, 4/88, 1/60 )
- Neil Wagner ( 4/92, 3/59, 5/124, 3/90 )
- Trent Boult ( 1/97, 0/6, 2/35, 0/35, 1/118 )
MCG is known for its bounce and flat pitch. Batsman will love to play here.
Average first innings score: 310
- In wicket-keeper, B Watling will be best in Small leagues bcoz he is expected to bat twice + he will give points with keeping as well.
- Must try Blundell in one of your grand league team.
- Try to cover all good batsman and good pacer in your team, rotate C/VC in all top-order batsman and pacers who can bat in lower order in GL