Indian Team News:
Squad: Virat Kohli (c),Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul,Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Kedar Jadhav, Rishabh Pant (wk), Shivam Dube, Ravindra Jadeja, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Navdeep Saini, Jasprit Bumrah, Shardul Thakur, Mohammed Shami.
- India will start as favourites on their home soil.
- Most probably anyone of L Rahul/S Dhawan will play. However, Kohli indicated that even both of them can play this match.
- Shikhar Dhawan/Lokesh Rahul(high) and Rohit Sharma will open the innings, all the 3 are technically strong batsmen and are consistent performers of this format. Rahul is looking in very good form while Dhawan is coming after injury. Rohit is one of the greats of this format and is in terrific form from the last 2 years.
- Virat Kohli, world’s No. 1 batsman will come at one down. He is the best batsman of this time and is a consistent performer. He generally scores big.
- Shreyas Iyer and Rishabh Pant will bat at 4 and 5 respectively while Kedar Jadhav and Ravindra Jadeja will do late hitting duty. Iyer is the player who can play in both manners, i.e in attacking manner as well as can rotate the strikes. Iyer is scoring well whenever he is getting the chance to bat.
- Rishabh Pant is a good hitter of the ball and he can be promoted for big-hitting.
- J Bumrah will lead the pace attack along with Navdeep Saini and Shardul Thakur/Mohammad Shami. Bumrah the best Indian bowler and is a genuine wicket-taker while Saini has good pace and bounce. Bumrah is one of the top bowlers of the world cricket. Shami is also a wicket-taking bowler while Shardul bowled well in the last t20 series.
- All of Saini, Bumrah and Shami have good pace and bounce.
- Kuldeep Yadav and Ravindra Jadeja will handle the spin department. Kuldeep is a chinaman bowler and is a true wicket-taker. He took a Hat-trick in the 2nd last game. Jadeja is known for his economical bowling.
Probable XI OF INDIA:
Shikhar Dhawan/ L Rahul(High), Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli(c), Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant(w), Kedar Jadhav, Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Shardul Thakur/M Shami, Navdeep Saini, Jasprit Bumrah
Important Players of India:
- KL Rahul,
- Rohit Sharma
- Virat Kohli (c),
- Jasprit Bumrah,
- Navdeep Saini,
- Kuldeep Yadav
Australia Team News:
SQUAD: Aaron Finch (c), D’Arcy Short, Ashton Agar, Alex Carey (wk), Pat Cummins, Peter Handscomb, Josh Hazlewood, Marnus Labuschagne, Kane Richardson, Steven Smith, Mitchell Starc, Ashton Turner, David Warner, Adam Zampa
- Australia is in very good form. They won the last series in a dominating manner.
- S Smith is set to bat at no, 3 while M Labuschagne is expected to make his debut in this game.
- D Warner and A Finch are expected to open the inning while S Smith will bat at 1 down. All are very good batsmen and are consistent performers. Warner is in terrific form while S Smith is also expected to score big on his usual batting position. A Finch is an attacking batsman and has a good average against the Indian team.
- M Labuschagne will bat next. He is a very talented and technically strong batsman. He was in terrific form in the test arena so he will try to replicate his form in limited-overs also.
- A Turner/P Handscomb and A Carey will do late hitting duty. Turner and Carey are attacking batsmen. A Carey is in form of his life but he generally gets very less chance to bat.
- P Cummins and A Agar can bat also.
- Adam Zampa and A Agar will lead the spin attack of the team. Zampa is a wicket-taking bowler while Agar is an economical bowler.
- P Cummins, J Hazlewood and M Starc are expected to lead the pace attack of the team. Both M Starc and P Cummins are wicket-taking bowlers and are one of the top bowlers of the limited over format while J Hazlewood also bowls well. Starc and Cummins are in very good form.
Probable11 of Australia:
David Warner, Aaron Finch (c), Steve Smith, M Labuschagne, Ashton Turner/P Handscomb, Alex Carey (wk), Ashton Agar, P Cummins, M Starc, J Hazlewood, Adam Zampa
Important Players of Australia :
- David Warner,
- Aaron Finch (c)
- Steve Smith,
- M Labuschagne
- P Cummins
- M Starc
Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
Pitch is expected to be highly batting friendly.
- Virat Kohli
- L Rahul
- Rohit Sharma
- D Warner
- S Smith
- A Finch
- In the wicket-keeper section, go with any one of R Pant or A Carey.
- Try to cover all the important batsmen on this batting beauty.
- You can try death bowlers as captain in the grand leagues.
- Death bowlers of India: J Bumrah and N Saini/M Shami/ S Thakur.
- Death bowlers of Australia: M Starc and P Cummins